Saturday, February 25, 2012

Corner Bakery Company: Definitely Not Just Another One

A dear friend of mine has been gushing about this cute place where they serve really good cakes and pastries. After postponing going to this place for some time, we successfully got there one Friday night. 
The quaint, little bakery has that cozy appearance to it right at a glance. It is small and is not really full of people, which can probably be attributed to two things; its distance from the main road where PUJs pass by or the owner's desire to keep it under the hole-in-the-wall category (as the server told us). 
Nice :)

We were hungry, but we did not want to get too full for the sweets. So we opted to share on a regular-sized pizza. This is the basic Margherita Pizza. It comes with a thin crust, cheese and the taste of herbs infused in the crust. It can satisfy 3-4 people and priced at P320.

Next comes the sweets.
This is the blueberry cheesecake. Sold at P55-60 a slice, the cheesecake part is a delight to the senses. I am not a huge fan of the blueberry addition to it though. 

My personal preference is this choco swirl cheesecake. Available at the same price range as the previous slice, I adore how the cheesecake part and the choco crust just mix together inside my mouth. Every bite just makes me want for more. 

I love sweets so much that it is so hard for me to stop once I get started. Hence, the s'more. This one costs P40. It's like a cupcake with a large marshmallow on top, which is a bit unique compared to the traditional s'more. While the usual s'more involves getting the mallow and chocolate sandwiched between to graham crackers, this one consists of the chocolate fixed in the cupcake and the mallow right on top of the cupcake. Definitely creative!

Despite the owner's desire (as pointed out by the server), I just cannot stop myself from sharing about this great find to the rest of the populace. It is too yummy to be kept as a secret. I really hope Corner Bakery would forgive me for this.

Anyway, to rate Cornery Bakery Company:
Billed: P500 - This included already 3 bottled mineral water and take-out stuff composed of 1 sliced bread, 1 focaccia bread and 1 french bread PLUS three full, smiling faces. Not bad!
Service: Fair. It was timely, which is not that surprising since we were the only ones there. The server/cashier/all-around girl was not very accommodating or friendly though. She was obviously in a hurry to have us out of there. This is probably because it was almost closing time or she was simply tired from working the entire day. So I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Ambiance: Lovely! As my friend would put it, it is the best place to say yes to a suitor. The lighting is great, and the whole place is small yet not crowded, whether people are around or not. Unfortunately, I have decided not to take photos of the interior as a sign of respect to the owner's wishes. You would have to trust my word on how nice the place is :)

Cornery Bakery Company
Mondays-Saturdays 9am to 9pm
Sundays 1pm-9pm

Directions: Turn left after Castle Peak and go straight until you see the Corner Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment