Tuesday, March 13, 2012

KUL Kitchen: 'Tis One Really COOL Kitchen

Me and my foodie partner, Mr Kyme, have been eyeing Kul Kitchen whenever we think about where to eat in Cebu. We were just waiting for the right chance. That chance came on a rainy Sunday evening after church time. My youngest brother was with us, and we all wanted to try some place new. So, to IT park we went off.

We've passed the area a lot of times, and it was almost always buzzing with people. Sunday evening was quiet and less populated though. The ambiance was relaxing. There was some upbeat music going on but in a very low volume. The lighting is nice. It was bright enough for us to see our food yet not too bright to make me feel like I'm in the spotlight every time I take a bite (LOL). The colors were warm and relaxing. 
 
Table Eighteen

 
The Counter

 Their Menu 
They  really had a wide variety of food options. Whether you are up for some pasta, meat, seafood or greens, there is bound to be something for you on their menu. 

I was not very hungry that time, so I had their Fettuccini Carbonara for P130. It was served with a toasted garlic bread. The carbonara is worth its price when it comes to the taste and generous serving. I am not a fan of the bread though. I like the softer one (read: not toasted).
  

Mr Kyme could not decide what to get for himself. Since he is fond of calamari, I ordered one for him, thinking that all calamari are done the way I have encountered them done. Sad to say, I was wrong. This is Kul Kitchen's calamari. It is very different from the crispy fried squid rings that Mr Kyme gets when he orders calamari, and needless to say, he was not pleased with this one. At P130, it was not really worth it. Even the taste did not make any impact. The only thing I enjoyed with this dish is the tomatoes. Mr Kyme did not enjoyed it at all.
 

My youngest brother made the best choice for dinner that night. He chose the Cheeze Ribs for P150. It came with two generous portions of thoroughly-cooked, meat-laden ribs sitting in a bowl of creamy tomato paste and oozing with cheese  right in their midst. My brother consumed two cups of rice to go with this one even after Mr Kyme and I had our share of this delight. 
 

A cup of rice costs P15. Although it was hot, there were some "dukot" parts in it. I am not really complaining since I love hot "dukot", but it was not very pleasing to the eye. The pitcher of iced tea cost P90 and can quench the hunger of 4 hungry people tops.

          
My brother's "BUSOG LOOK"

Mr  Kyme and I could not get over the cheeze ribs. Because we were not able to enjoy it as much as we like due to limited portions only for us, we visited Kul at their The Strip branch the following night. 


We had Sola lemon, which we lovingly shared with each other. We were not up for a lot of drinks and were really just hungry (LOL)

The pasta-lover in me was up again that night. I wanted something not so heavy and opted for their Spinach Pasta for P120. The serving was quite generous. My companion even helped himself to spoonfuls of it. Again, the bread was toasted. Maybe I can request for it not to be done that way  next time. The pasta is really creamy, but it lacked a bit of more of the cheesy flavor that is necessary to drown out the vegetable part of the sauce. We ended up with an empty plate on this one though.

Mr Kyme's order was the Cheeze Ribs. I had my share of it, too :)

To rate Kul Kitchen:
Food: Exciting! This is because you never know what you get. If you are simply hungry, you might not appreciate this, but if you are as adventurous as I am when it comes to food, then Kul Kitchen is one of the best places for you. 
Service: Nice and laid-back. My brother pointed out how "chill" the place is. The service crews were not the type who can and will intimated. I find the crew at their Strip branch more friendly though.
Ambiance: The overall effect of their location makes me feel comfortable when dining there. Whether it is the IT Park branch or the one at The Strip, I am able to enjoy my food without getting all conscious with their staff. The interiors of the restaurants are also relaxing. 


Address 1: Skyrise Bldg., IT Park, Lahug
Phone #: 238-7988
Open 24 hours Monday-Friday

Address 2: The Strip, Jones Avenue
Phone #: 2535082
Open until 10pm daily

Payment Methods: Cash & Card (minimum of P300)

5 comments:

  1. I miss those Cheeze Ribs! I will definitely be dining there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really their best (as far as the ones I've tasted are concern).

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. brad joeddin busog na? hahahaha...

    lami ang chicken in white sauce nila, and anything nga naay gata. samot na ang ilang halang-halang. :) pero nagkabati ilang service, i don't go there anymore after getting disappointed twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perti busoga. 'Twas one of the rare times na di xa kahurot sa iyang order.

      Will take note of the white sauce dishes then. Yeah, mejo hinay ilang service. Good thing I'm one patient girl, and dali ra maulian basta lami ang food. Hehehe.

      Delete
  3. okay man unta ang lugar. dili lang lami ang pagkaon. pero syempre, first time man nako didto dili man pud nako ma-judge dayon ang place kay wala man nako na-try tanan pagkaon. pero katong gipang order namo (whole roasted chicken ug chicken oriental) dili kaayo tasty.

    ReplyDelete