Monday, November 14, 2011

Going Jap @ Cybergate's Japengo

Because Mr_Kyme's teammate has not been to the new Robi Mall (Cybergate), we decided to go there and check out what's new. After examining every single one of the less-than-20 stores in the 2-storey mall, we got hungry. Right at the ground floor stands a signage that says "Japanese food is healthy food". That plus Danica's (Mr_Kyme's teammate) zero experience yet great interest in Jap food. We ended up at Japengo Cybergate for dinner.

Teaching her how to (unofficially) use the chopsticks

 Side Dish OR Appetizer
This one was good. I felt bad it was not unlimited (as I expected it to be), but it's all good coz I ended up consuming my dinnermates' share. They're both not fond of vegetables, I guess. More so, I'm confused. It was perfect as a side dish, but it was served before everything else, which made me think it might be a free appetizer (or something like that).

Rice Platter
The Rice Platter was huge and delicious. It costed around a hundred and was good for 3-4 people. It was really yummy, too, and had a lot of things aside from rice (including shrimp, corn, peas and other minute vegetables I could not recognize and did not bother to since I was uber hungry). Too bad I forgot to take the receipt afterwards, so I cannot give out the name of this one. It had a lot of C's and H's in it though. I hope that helps :)

Ribs In Very Yummy Sauce
Again, I apologize for that forgotten receipt. This one is a favorite of Mr_Kyme's because of how heavenly the sauce was. There were 10-12 ribs in the serving, making it perfect for a small group like ours. It was very tasty and even had sesame seeds on it. We were unable to eat everything. A piece of rib with meat on it was left :(

California Maki
This is the typical California maki. What I like about this one is how the mango does not end up all over my tastebuds because it was in very small pieces. I'm not really fond of maki, but Danica just had to have this to complete her first Jap dining experience.

Green Tea Ice Cream

The Green Tea Ice Cream was not on their menu when we first went there. It was something new, and it sounded healthy enough, so we had one. Since we were not sure about its taste and were quite full already, we had only a single scoop to share between the three of us. The ice cream itself smelled like green tea and the scent that is usually associated with a thai massage. It did taste good, but not as good as my all-time favorite chocolate ice cream nor that of Mr_Kyme's ube. It was worth the experience though.

To sum up the experience, 
Billed - P600 (more or less) without drinks. (We wanted to go healthy all the way and opted for water)
Service - Fair
Ambiance - Fair
Food Serving - Great! (We were so full we decided to walk around the mall again twice before going out to sit in a jeep bound for home.

Note to blogger: When eating outside, either memorize the meals ordered and to be featured OR take the receipt. Blogging entry seems incomplete without the rightful name of each dish :))
























4 comments:

  1. Nice review. I've been wanting to go back there. I really like their food especially their california maki. About your note to blogger I usually take a picture of the bill since sometimes they don't place the details on your receipt. Learned that the hard way.hehehe Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello James! Been to Japengo twice, and I like the new stuff I've tried in the two times I've been there. Tempura ice cream for the first time, and the green tea ice cream on the second.
    Thanks for the tip. I really have to remember about that coz I usually am very hungry that I forget about the blog when the food gets in. LOL.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those foods really look delicious and I think they are perfect for my school bus since he's been starving for Japanese tastes! Want to try it soon.. P.S danica is a good model for Green tea ice cream.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Princess! You and school bus should try it. It's not very Japanese though, so your non-experimental tastebuds would not have a problem. Hehehe. Thanks for dropping by!:)

    ReplyDelete