Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cagayan's Bests: Bigby's & Missy Bon Bon

Before going to a specific place, especially when doing so for the first time, I always make sure I am armed with ample information about its greatest foods and where I can find them. 

This is my motto. And it paid of greatly when me and Mr. Kyme went to The City of Golden Friendship, Cagayan de Oro, last month. There was Bigby's. Although we have had countless lunch and dinner dates at Bigby's in Ayala Center Cebu, we wanted to try it out right where it originated. Perhaps there would be a difference.
Bigby's At Its Hometown
Located right outside Limketkai Mall, Bigby's stood along a line of other dining places that include Bo's and other restaurants that are found in Cebu as well. 

Two Platters (Good for 4-5 persons each) @ around P500 each
There were five of us in the group. It was already 10am, and we have not had breakfast. Hungry was an understatement. We opted for two orders of the Belly Buster platters to share between the group. Each platter came with barbecued baby back ribs, grilled rodeo chops and smoky pork belly. They were served with buttered vegetables and crispy onion rings. Every platter also came with a single serving of garlic rice. We just had additional cups of rice for the rest of the group. The ribs were yummy with the rich sauce while the grilled chops were really easy to bite and chew. We unanimously agreed that the pork belly was not seasoned according to our taste. The onion rings were as crispy as they should and were perfect with all the meat taken in. We capped it off with a glass of Coke for each one, just enough to help the meat settle down.

After brunch and a quick side trip to the pasalubong center, our friends had to leave us since their flight back to Cebu was earlier than ours. With hours left on hand, we strolled around the mall and watched a movie. After which, we were off to one of our most looked-forward to places in CDO, Missy Bon Bon's shop right outside the Limketkai Mall. 


Actually, we were already able to get a taste of their gelato the day before when we had a quick visit to Robinson's department store and saw them there. I had Leche Flan while Mr Kyme had Black Forest. During our visit to their store though, we were able to get a free taste of a couple more flavors (Sorry, I was not able to memorize every single one of them, but I can assure anyone there were yummy). 

 MBB's Rhum Raisin @ Php60

 Chocolate Bread Filled @ Php50 (more or less)
Since we were not really hungry and simply wanted to get a taste of Missy Bon Bon before going back home to Cebu, we ordered one gelato (Rhum Raisin) and tried their Chocolate Filled Bread. Missy Bon Bon's is the best gelato for me. I've tried a couple of others, and they tasted like any other ice creams I've had.  MBB's gelato though was very exciting to the taste. I am no expert, but my taste buds are all for Missy Bon Bon. I wish they would be opening a branch here (crossing fingers).


We were able to do a number of other things and tasted other stuff in CDO, but these two created memories that are bound to stick around longer in my mind. They did not only satisfy my hunger but fulfilled my desire. When I do get the chance to visit CDO again, these two are definitely going to be in my itinerary.

2 comments:

  1. Missy Bon Bon! I'd definitely choose it over Bread Talk! It's like our very own Bread Talk in the Philippines but BETTER cuz they also make their own gelato! Haha. Isn't it awesome? They should branch out. I'd love to franchise if I had the capital. Hehe. Great post! :)

    Babe For Food - your new BFF in Cebu dining!
    http://www.babeforfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Their gelato even tastes better than the more expensive one I've tried in Ayala (would rather not mention name though). I'm not an expert in tasting though, but their exciting flavors probably made their gelato yummier for me.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog, Justinne! :)

    ReplyDelete