Monday, January 30, 2012

Cebu Lumpia House: A Cheaper Chinese Cuisine Alternative

Yes, it is cheaper. And yes, it is Chinese. I first heard (actually, read) about this restaurant when Ensogo  offered coupons for food items served at this place. I did not get one since I really had no idea where the said restaurant is located. It was only when I chanced upon it at its Country Mall foodcourt location that I was able to get a taste of what they had to offer. I had no camera then so no pics for that particular visit. The Chinese Lumpia was something new to me at that time though, so I can still remember about it clearly even though the experience was a couple of months ago. Basically, it was served like embutido with the tin foil wrapping. Inside it, there was the fresh lumpia looking delight. It had a small amount of meat and around 80% vegetables that included carrots and bean sprouts. 
 A couple of weeks ago though, I was slightly feverish and needed some hot soup for my hungry tummy. Mr Kyme and I went around the foodcourt of Robinson's (the original one) in Fuente and found this.
Right where we want it to be!

They had a wide variation of noodle soup, but me and Mr Kyme both choose the fishball noodle soup. It was huge for its price at P40.
Dinner

 Me with mine

Him with his

It was perfect for dinner. It was not too heavy to actually make us feel sinful and guilty. It was good enough to keep us full for the entire night, too. The best thing is its price. It was definitely something we can afford to have anytime of the year. As a matter of fact, it is currently on our dinner options.

To rate Cebu Lumpia House 
Billed: Less than P100 for two noodle soup, which came with a regular-sized cup of iced tea

Service: The staff was friendly and accommodating. With a matter of minutes when I ordered and paid for the food, she was able to tell me a short background about the restaurant.
Additional Comments: Food presentation was nice. There were three people manning the entire counter, and they were efficient at what they were doing, so customers did not have to wait for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. naa pud ni cmall??? out of route naman au ang robi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are in Cmall as well. Naa sila sa foodcourt. First food counter from the stairs.

      Delete