Friday, January 27, 2012

Breakfast At GPHS!

This is the last post about the entire weekend of Sinulog 2012. This revolves around the breakfast meal that came with my overnight stay with friends at the hotel, which is where we had Sunday dinner as well. 

We were actually able to book the room that comes with a free breakfast for two. Fortunately enough, two of us had to go somewhere really early, so me and another girlfriend ended up using the meal coupon that came with the room accommodation.
 The stairway from the lobby

The Inside viewed from outside

 One of the works of art decorating the dining area
 
Cafe Lucia, the hotel's restaurant, is located on the second floor and can be reached easily using the stairs right across the Front Desk in the lobby. It was neat, well-lighted, spacious and festive at that time (notice the lightly colored banderitas). The staff were very polite and friendly, greeting us with lovely smiles.

 The Buffet Table offering unlimited foods

After settling down, the waiter got our orders. He informed us that coffee, bread, butter, jam, fruits and fruit juices as well as rice were ready at the long buffet table. It turned out that guests can have as much as they like of these items. They are unlimited. In no time, I was getting my share of dark coffee while my friend helped herself to one of her favorite fruits, watermelon. 
 
 
                                                   My fix                                                                My friend's

After a couple of minutes, the waiter was back with our breakfast. Mine was Pinoy Breakfast made up of garlic rice, sunny-side-up egg and tocino. My friend was American breakfast that consisted of garlic rice, sausage and scrambled eggs. I loved how our eggs were done the way we wanted them to be.

 Mine

 Hers

I'm not very fond of eating breakfast since I usually do not eat one. Whenever I do though, eggs are a staple for me. What I liked about the menu offered by Cafe Lucia is the variations for each category. There were more than 3 options for both American Breakfast and Pinoy Breakfast. More so, the unlimited items really is a plus point. I noticed as well that the people running the cafe were very attentive to the guests. The fruit juices were quickly replenished. They were bottomless since they had two large pitchers of them that were never empty the entire time I was there. I can be quite attentive when I want to. Not sure if that is a good thing or not though.

All in all, breakfast at Cafe Lucia of the Golden Peak Hotel & Suites was a delightful addition to the room accommodation. Since it was the weekend of Sinulog 2012, being able to stay within the city limits and ready to report to work the following day was something I really appreciated. The lovely breakfast served as the icing on the cake :)

For the rating:
Billed: FREE :)

Service: The staff in the cafe was very pleasant. Walking into the dining area with busy yet happy people is not something one can find everywhere. After all, mornings make some people really grumpy.

Ambiance: The restaurant had a quaint feel to it. The lighting, both natural and artificial, was really maximized, which is good since no one definitely wants any choking incident. 



Cor. Escario St & Gorordo Avenue

Contact Numbers: (63-32) 233-9770, 233-8111
Fax No. (63-32) 231-5611
E-mail: sales@goldenpeakhotel.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment