Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sugba Sugba Sa Rooftop @ Golden Peak Hotel

It has been a tradition for the gang to witness the grand fireworks display at the Ayala Business Park in Cebu after the street dancing is done. For years, we have spent hours at different parts of the entire ground, most of the time hungry, waiting for the majestic display of lights to start.


This might be a sign that this year is going to be great for everyone because for the first time, 2012 comes with the opportunity to chance upon the show from a very advantaged point of view. I am talking about the rooftop of one of the tallest and most renowned business hotels in the city. 


The Golden Peak Hotel & Suites hosted the Sugba Sugba Sa Rooftop right at the topmost portion of its building. It took place during the entire weekend from January 13 to 15. On the last day, the ticket that costs P100 was consumable on the wide array of grilled red and white meat, puso and both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks alike. A live band was also present to serenade the crowd.   
The ticket

The venue (Golden Peak Hotel's rooftop)

T
The Parents

Their grilling area with the staff

Uncooked Delights

Yummy!

Second Serving

And a Third!


Puso (A larger version)

Siomai

Green Apple Iced Tea

Mango Chill

Iced Choco Drink

The Guests

Full House (Undeniably!)

Along with our first few orders, they served a sauce that was completely new to me. I was not able to ask though what it was since the staff was really busy. However, it was a totally unique yet something I really enjoyed because of its spicy taste. I recognized the bits of chili in it, but the yellowish dipping and how it tasted really got stuck in me. 

As for the pork barbecue, it was done quite well. The meat was tender. My parents really loved the grilled squid and fish. I was happy there were some options for white meat since my mom is not allowed a lot of the red one. The puso size was a surprise. I ordered three and ended up consuming only two in a period of three to four hours with numerous stops along the way (of course!). The siomai on the menu made me happy. I've been craving for them within the past few days. It was also great that they offered it at a friendly price. Another thing that really delighted me was their green apple iced tea. It had that apple taste that leaves a sweet taste in my mouth. For someone who loves sweet in any variation, it was really a treat. I ordered four of it. Three of which I consumed while the last one was taken care of by my mom.

After dinner, the table I shared with my parents, bro and his gf as well as my cousins were served with a light version of an alcoholic drink. We consumed them while enjoying the following.


 

Billed: P1,000 (more or less) for Mr Kyme, me and my parents (Not bad at all!)
Service: Everyone in the hotel shows how valuable the customers are. Aljean (or something like that), one of the ladies on their practicum, was so fun to deal with. We really witnessed how she put her heart at what she was doing. I highly recommend asking for her when dining at Golden Peak. 
Ambiance: PERFECT for anything. The view of the city's sea of lights can make the dining experience truly memorable.
Food Serving: Very tasty. And I cannot forget that sauce! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment