Monday, February 6, 2012

Chopsticks: A Sunday Night Special

Last Sunday was a rainy one. After meeting with one of our married couple friends for a light lunch, we drove back to my place for a quick PC time. Once done, we were back on the road for church time at Mr Kyme's favorite place of worship, Sacred Heart Church. After the mass, we were hungry. Driving around the city for around 30 minutes while texting fellow blogger Kategracea for suggestions on where to eat within Cebu City  limits (she's such a foodie that she has become a highly reliable source of inputs for me when it comes to dining places in the metro), the driver and I opted to try out Chopsticks.
We've been longing to try this one out since the first time we saw it. However, we were highly dependent on our credit card at that time, and they do not accept one. So, we had to wait. Unfortunately, we tend to forget about it when there are chances of going there with family or friends. Currently, I've been planning to bring my family there for my b-day celebration this year, which would be within the next few weeks. Since my mom is a sucker for Chinese food, I have no hesitation my family enjoying the place. Mr Kyme, though, pointed out that we should try the place first to be completely sure. Hence, our Sunday post-church dinner for two.

I like the interiors. It is spacious and neat. This green bamboo-like plant is a nice addition to the interiors. It was a fresh escape from the neutral shades inside.
 

Counter Wall

Caged lights & Chopstick-Related Facts 

 
There's the counter right there! 

We got there at around 8:30PM, and the place was empty. That made us really happy because it meant faster service. We were not disappointed. It was only the spring rolls that took a little more than 15 minutes. 

 
Steamed Fried Rice @ P55
I like how they placed both chopsticks and spoon&fork right there because I can choose to use either of the two whenever I want to. The latter pair is usually necessary when ensuring absolutely zero leftovers :)
 
A closer look
Mr Kyme thinks the serving is smaller, which he really does not like. I think it is about the same amount as the ones in the usual mini-bowls in other Chinese restaurants. Whichever of us is right did not matter in the end. Compared to the other steamed fried rice that I have tried, this one had a little more oil, which might not be good for the health, but I like it. There were also some shrimps in it. It was the first time I noticed shrimps in steamed fried rice, making me more convinced about bringing my Chinese-at-heart, shrimp-loving mom there soon.
 
                               Plain Siomai @ P55                                                                             Chili Sauce
It was not the most tasty siomai I've had, but it was better than others. The chili sauce was one of the unforgettable ones that do not stick in your mouth and tongue but actually gets into the inner part of you. That's the kind of "hotness" I adore.

 
Spring Roll @ P55
The spring roll was served a bit late. Not too late though. The rolls were larger than the usual I've had. I'm not really fond of spring rolls, but this is one I am proud to offer to my brother, whose favorite Chinese food is spring rolls.
While Mr Kyme opted for a canned soda at P40, I had their houseblended iced tea at P60. No regrets on my part, and Mr Kyme even enjoyed a sip or two of my drink. 
Houseblended Ice Tea

To rate Chopsticks:
Billed: P300 plus. Not bad at all.
Service: Quick and relaxed. Probably because we were the only ones there at that time.
Ambiance: Spacious. Perfect for families and large groups. There might be some aspects that do not go with the entire interior theme though such as the large round table beside the counter. Very nice lighting because everyone and everything is visible even for someone with an imperfect eyesight. This is one of the places to eat in Cebu that I can recommend to friends and acquaintances alike. 
Chopsticks
Ground Floor
JP Morgan & Chase Building
I.T. Park, Lahug, Cebu City
(032) 5133388


 














6 comments:

  1. awesome ma'am. gi gutum na ko pag ayu nuon. hehe. curious to try their lechon macau. wow.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rish! Lami jud didto. Lechon macau is definitely on my to-order list for Sunday dinner with the family this weekend. Gigutom sad ko gatan-aw esp ky wa koy pamahaw. LOL.

      Thanks for dropping by Rish!:)

      Delete
  2. i like their service too. we celebrated popong's bday (sir mike's and miss wency's kid) here. just the family and me! hehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Pila na diay age atong bataa? Ka-cute raba jd tawn. Pics ra nuon ko kutob. Wa pa jd ko kita in person. Regards ko sa whole family :)

      Delete
    2. four naman guro hahahaha... ok!

      Delete
    3. Time flies. Tiguwang na jd ko. Ikaw pud LakbayDiva!Hehehe

      Delete